Friday, March 14, 2008

Braised Leeks with Warm Pancetta Dressing

I tried to make a great "Cooking Light" meal tonight for Seth and I. I read the directions carefully and worked on this thing for a good hour and a half. Lets just say it ended in smoke (ALOT of smoke) - and we ate something different.




Yucks. I couldn't even try it - I knew I would feel sick. Seth tried it - he's a good sport, but definitely spit it out. Seth's words: "If you would have asked me if we should try this recipe I would have said no."

7 comments:

Jenna said...

hehhee.....I agree with Seth. Both the words "braised" and "leeks" sound really unappetizing. Put them together and you have puke.

Mike and Lianne said...

You guys got me chuckling with this post. I really like the picture of Seth giving it a try. From what I remember of you in pharmacy lab I can't imagine you messing up a recipe so I can only assume it was flawed to begin with.
Later guys,
Mike

Rachel Farley said...

Smoke is no fun. I think we all have to have one married meal mishap. I have had one as well, and we ate something different. I am sure it proved lots of laughs though. :D

Roster said...

Yeah, after reading that recipe, I have to agree with Seth and Jenna. That was a recipe choice as awesome as the beef roll. Also, I'm curious, where did the smoke come from?

Jenna said...

hehehe....beef roll....

Seth and Amy said...

So it was really weird... the recipe says to cook the pancetta until its brown and crispy..well mine never got there..instead it started to just give off smoke and then it would not stop - smoke pouring from this 1/3 cup of pancetta...it was crazy.

Roster said...

Goodness! Well at least you know whatever recipe you try next will have to go better :D