Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lunch Time

Since I only had a half day at work today, I got to eat lunch at home with Seth. We had soup and apple slices with peanut butter. Seth also chose to eat some Ritz crackers with his soup. When he was about 3/4 of the way through a package of the Ritz crackers I decided to see how many calories my husband was consuming. I informed him that he had consumed 2800 calories worth of crackers in this one sitting, and he replied "I can put food down." At this point I was really curious as to how many total calories his lunch consisted of - so I pushed my chair back and began to get up to check out his soup can. I didn't realize Seth had his big foot locked beneath my chair - how could I? So I totally biffed it right over his leg and landed with a nice thud on our laminate flooring. (Laminate flooring is slippery and I think I slid a few feet). So I laid there shocked, not really knowing how I ended up on the floor and looked up to see my husband laughing his head off. He did help me up, which was difficult with a slippery floor, dress socks, and my uncontrollable shaking from laughing at myself. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job seth! "putting food down" is one of my best qualities as well...

Jenna said...

Oh, my. I love it. I can see everything happening and it's the best.

Andrew said...

it's true,,he really can put food down

MelindaBeth said...

nice.... :(
I don't even know what else to say...
Poor Amy! :(